I am the kind of person who would just sit down and surf the mighty web about quotes all day. You could easily say that I’m a sucker for them. What I feel about quotes is that they speak on a really high level to what we’re feeling. Not just quotes but words in general. We fear speaking so many things and somehow these words just jump in between and pour out our minds. Quotes are more towards the inspirational side but then somewhere, they’re just really relatable. I have a few quotes that have stuck around since the day I read them and I decided to share them with you.
Also I would like you all to know that this post is in collaboration with Rawan, Myself And I. She is an amazing blogger and if there is any possibility that you like books, music and other fun stuff, don’t forget to check her out. She talked about her favourite book quotes on her blog so check that out as well! x
On with the words that shine at me like various flashlights at times of darkness
- This first one is pretty stupid to read but at the same time, it’s great. When life gives you lemons, make a lemonade. I guess you might know the meaning of this qoute but if not, I’ll just explain it real quick. So basically lemons are taken as a symbol of bad days and it wants to convey that when you’re having a bad day, carry on and make the most of it because you learn something from it. And something good (lemonade) comes out of it. I think it’s just really simple but surprisingly great at the same time
- We accept the love we think we deserve. This can’t be more true in my opinion. As everyone can tell from my posts how much I love books, so The Perks Of Being A Wallflower has to be credited for this quote. If you haven’t read this book yet, I suggest you check it out real quick. I think everyone can relate to this. Everyone understands how we even settle for the lowest of affection just because it’s the person that we really love and adore and sometimes it really doesn’t have to be it. We need to learn to care about ourselves without being a selfish snob. We need to know what we deserve but at the same time, we need to treat everyone with compassion.
- Just because you’re trash doesn’t mean you can’t do great things. It’s a garbage can not a garbage cannot. Is there a quote more absurd than this? No. But does it make sense? Absolutely. Hello internet users, I know you use the word ‘trash’ for joking about yourself. So here I present to you, a quote which explains you totally. Sorry I didn’t intend to do that but I couldn’t stop myself. Although, it has a deeper meaning to it than meets the eye. It tells us how less we appreciate ourselves and how incapable we think we are. This just motivates you and it’s hippy but inspiring. You go fam!
- It is here;it is past.This quote is by Virginia Woolf. I’ve been super into her lately and her writing style is so unique, I love it. This is just one of the quotes I stumbled upon and this was written in a queer but a beautiful way. She wrote how the specific character saw a bee and then ‘it is here; it is past’. It’s beautiful how it says that whatever we’re going through, even this second when I’m typing, is going to be past in the next second. And I absolutely love how it wants to convey that enjoying what’s happening right now is really important.
- Find something that makes you happy and don’t let anyone take it away from you. Luke Hemmings from my favourite band- 5 seconds of summer- enlightened everyone with his wise words. I feel like this is so simple but at the same time inspiring. It tells you that you don’t need to pretend, just do something you love and something that makes you happy, and that’s all you need to worry about. It’s oddly inspiring to me.
These are all the quotes that I want to talk about today. Hope you liked it and I hope that you’re having a great day/night and school doesn’t suck for you☺